Our mission is to end violence and sexual assault through education and prevention and to empower victims to regain control of their lives. Our goal is to provide high quality, comprehensive, and culturally competent sexual assault victim services and community education.
* 24/7 Crisis Hotline available within service area including Ansonia, Derby, Milford, Orange, Seymour, Shelton & West Haven ~ free and confidential
* Prevention education for pre-K through 12th grade students
* College Advocacy ~ UNH Police, Hospital Staff and EMT professional training.
Today's United Way (UWM) focuses on addressing the underlying causes of community issues~why problems exist. Funding direct services programs is important, and United Way of Milford will continue to do that, but to really have an impact on community conditions, we, as a community, need to come together to address the problems at their source. Established in 1957, UWM directly services members of the community on all economic levels. Our funding makes up the difference between what the services cost and what the client can afford to pay. UWM dollars pay for services to help those who work for a living and those who cannot....in hundreds of ways. UWM plays a vital role that tax dollars cannot.
The Milford Prevention Council is a coalition of community professionals working together to prevent and reduce substance abuse among youth.
Our Goals are to:
* Educate youth, families, and community leaders
* Pursue training for council members
* Encourage alternative activities for youth
* Raise Milford's awareness about substance abuse
* Provide sustainable resources and support to families and community memebers
* Support treatment and recovery services and goals.